Saturday, March 17, 2012

Joined In Grief

It's been nearly a month since John died.  I don't know if any of you are still following this blog.  I may keep it going for a while.  I suppose the title "John's Progress" is not exactly appropriate anymore.  However, I consider myself John's legacy and -- as such -- am keeping some sort of progress in his name ongoing.
I wanted to share that a dear friend (who John and I actually never met) has also passed away from this horrible, HORRIBLE disease known as esophageal cancer.  Sean Gilbert, the husband of a friend of my cousin Kathy, had to bid his wife and three sons goodbye on March 15.  Sean was diagnosed in late 2010; John on January 13, 2011.  Sean's wife, Julie, and I have maintained e-correspondence throughout our respective journeys.  My heart breaks for the Gilbert family as I know theirs does for me.  I would like to ask that you all keep them in your hearts and prayers...They, as do I, need as many of those as they can get.  Bless you for your friendship and support for me in these hard days of adjustment.  I -- along with the Gilberts -- are looking at an upcoming year of "firsts" that will be difficult to get through.  Julie, if you are reading this, we are ALL walking with you.  And my beloved John is welcoming your Sean.  We are all connected in sorrow and joy...My love and best wishes to all...And, of course, thank you...Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment