Thursday, March 1, 2012

A New Journey Begins

This Saturday is John's memorial service.  And while there are many knowns, there is a great unknown.  Mainly, what will my new journey be like?  One thing is certain:  John will forever remain a part of me.  It was John's wish that, should anyone like to make a memorial donation, the World Wildlife Fund was his choice.  I would like to add and addendum to that.
The care that both John and I received at Whatcom Hospice House was beyond words.  The entire staff -- from reception desk to volunteers to professional medical personnel -- are caring, talented individuals who make a terrible time in life livable.  I would like to ask that Whatcom Hospice House also be included in any memorial tribute any of you would like to make.  I've asked Hospice House that any funds donated in John's name be pooled together.  If enough is collected, a memorial placque will be added to the donor's/memorial wall with John's name on it.  I can't think of a more fitting tribute to one of the most courageous, truthful, kind, loving man I have or will ever know.  I love you John Grigsby.  And I know God and many people love you, too.
Thank you, may God bless you, and may John watch over us all...Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment