Thursday, May 19, 2011

Swallowing Test

This morning John went in for a swallowing test.  He had to swallow some barium, a couple of nuclear (wow!) things, some water, etc. etc. etc.  They literally turned him upside down and tracked how everything travelled via CAT scan imaging.  Dr. Low was very pleased!  So hopefully he will be able to have a few sips of water today.
In addition his catheter may come out.  They are also planning to remove his epidural line through which he is currently receiving his pain medication.  If they do so, he'll receive those meds via his feeding tube.
As I type John is out for his first real walk of the day with his student nurse (from U.W. School of Nursing...Oh my!  I hope she makes it back in one piece!).  He did five walks up and down the hall yesterday, on which three of those walks he completed three laps each.  I continue to be amazed at his attitude and determination.  I am so proud of him!
The next "hurdle" will be dependent upon the pathology results which should be in tomorrow.  Holding good thoughts for a clean result.
I will let you know about today's events tomorrow.  Love and thanks to you all....Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment