Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hospital Update

John's creatinine levels have come down as of this a.m. from a high of 12 to 6.  Labs will be drawn tomorrow a.m.  This is a good sign.  While 6 is still "dialysis level," we're hoping this level will continue to come down.  John is not a dialysis candidate.
He may be discharged tomorrow...whether that be to home or hospice house, we'll have to make that difficult call when the time comes.  He's very weak, not eating much (like 1/2 cup of food per day) and can't stand without assistance.  We're coming to a crossroads and will be relying on his doctor, Dr. Nestor, and our hospice staff for guidance.  I'm most concerned about making sure John has the BEST care for HIM.
I've been thinking about this long, terrible process from cancer diagnosis to where we are now.  And as we near the end of the journey, I can't help but ask, "Why?"  Something good always comes out of a bad situation.  I hope and pray that maybe, just maybe I will come out the other side.  Bruised, battered and a little broken...but perhaps a better, stronger person.  So many people, friends and strangers, have continually stepped up to offer help and support.  I ask God that I be given the chance to repay some of your kindness in your times of need.  You are, quite simply, the greatest group of people I have ever known...Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment